sábado, 23 de febrero de 2013

Philosotech



One would think that taking the EDCMOOC on e-learning and Digital cultures, would be a quite tech thing. I was expecting kind of getting to know about e-learning platforms, techniques for e-teaching… I was surprised by it being more of philosophy e-learning course.


This post talks about the experience, which by the way I would recommend.

I enjoyed so I hope you will enjoy it too. Cheers!



In Spanish we will say ¿qué fue antes el huevo o la gallina? (What was first egg or chicken?).


So I positioned myself and by week two and three of the course these were some of my thoughts.




So then if it is not only human, what is technology? To me it is…

  


We are afraid of becoming something we do not want, of changing and loosing things that we like and love.



Well I would say it´s been us all the time and it will be us still in the future whatever this might be.


Some final thoughts concerning e-learning education and particularly this MOOC experience. It is somehow overwhelming to have a class of … was it more than four thousand people? Also the variety of tools and formats for interaction (facebook, twitter,  flickr, courser discussion forums….) is like whoooooo too much. The truth is that I got to the conclusion that that was ok, if you want education to be open you have to allow people to use and communicate through different means even if that creates some confusion.

So initially I was disoriented, then I just decided to have a “base camp” that was the course site and materials and jump, search, post and comment whenever I feel like not worrying about getting lost in hyperspace. I´m happy I got to have some exchange, and that is the reason for this song, I felt quite like this during the course …


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario